Tom's T20 Journal

Start a Trading Journal - Start Posting Your T20 Trades Here.
Tips for First Post: Start with personal introduction, share your story, your future plans.
Use Template Prodvided for Recording Trades.
tombacon89

Re: Tom's T20 Journal

Unread post by tombacon89 »

BATCH 1 TRADE 6 - GU - H4. NFP day ruins it. I took half risk on this trade as EU also looked like it would setup and my intention was to enter both trades half risk. EU did not form properly so I did not take EU.

NEXT... my favourite word at the moment.
BATCH 1 TRADE 6 GU RENT DAILY VIEW.png

BATCH 1 TRADE 6 GU RENT H4.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Do Not let yourself get in the way of your profit producing tools'

"If it’s meant to be, the universe is gonna throw it back to me, to get it back all we need is to let it go, put your faith put your trust in the chemicals" - Various Cruelties - Chemicals

tombacon89

BATCH 1 TRADES 8 AND 9

DAILY. 

BOTH NOW AT BREAK EVEN. UK100 IS IN A GREAT POSITION FOR A LONG MOVE SO I AM GOING TO LET THIS TRADE RUN. EU I WILL TARGET THE 5R.

Really simple trading, I am NOT STRESSED. It is like... yolo... whatever... check it periodically and that's it. I would expect some pullbacks at some point, so I am already mentally prepared for the trades to at some point pause or pull back. That is ok.

Hopefully D will produce enough setups for me this year. Would be nice to have bit bigger account so I can take all the signals on daily with some split risk tactics, as they are not always often to come by so it seems a shame to filter them when they do arrive simply because my account cannot soak the trades up.
BATCH 1 TRADE 8 D UK100 entry.png

BATCH 1 TRADE 8 TO BREAK EVEN NOW.png

BATCH 1 TRADE 8 BREAK OF RANGE AND RETEST..png

BATCH 1 TRADE 9 D EU entry.png

BATCH 1 TRADE 9 D EU BREAK EVEN NOW.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"If it’s meant to be, the universe is gonna throw it back to me, to get it back all we need is to let it go, put your faith put your trust in the chemicals" - Various Cruelties - Chemicals

tombacon89

Some filtered trades this week, can't enter them all when they come on the same day or within a day or two... purely because my small account won't allow me to enter multiple daily trades simultaneously to avoid max risk exposure rules.

BUT ALL I WANT TO SEE FOR NOW IS THERE ARE ENOUGH SETUPS FOR ME ON DAILY AND H4 WITH 12 PAIRS. :)
AUS200 D FILTERED SIGNAL.png

GU D FILTER.png

US30 D FILTERED.png

DAX DAILY NOT A SEED SO FILTERED.png

DAX H4 GOOD SETUP BUT IN BED.png

tombacon89

BATCH 1 TRADE 8 - UK100 DAILY - BREAK EVEN. SL hit by 3 pips!!! it looks like it is setting up again... whether i will take it i am unsure. i'll see what the week open does and if there are any better setups about. It is showing wave 5 divergent on the gator now, and 2nd pull back in the move. 
BATCH 1 TRADE 8 BE RESULT.png
Did not feel stressed during this trade, it ran for 7 days. If I can master the art of "not trading" by trading daily as and when setups occur and simply managing them, then i will hopefully learn to be patient and not feel any urges to trade which I had on m1. I followed the entry and exit rules, that is all that i need to do.

EU TRADE 9 DAILY is still running.... rubbish price action, but, it will either work or it will not. i don't need to worry about it now.
BATCH 1 TRADE 9 STILL AT BE.png

tombacon89

BATCH 1 TRADE 10 NAS 5R.png
 A winner finally. Looking now at daily, i am filtering the h4 signal this morning on monday open. Daily is at a level now. Only 2r available on this signal to the highs. I will filter and wait for another setup. this is fine. I don't need to take them all, and if it smashes through the highs, that is also fine. I do not need to trade every single day now. i am learning less is more. 
NAS H4 FILTERED DUE TO DIALY LEVELS.png
 i see this as the daily levels. it was a good target for the previous trade but not seeing it as so good for an entry on this zone

AIMS
Founder
Founder

Unread post by AIMS »

tombacon89 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:28 am
BATCH 1 TRADE 10 NAS 5R.png
 A winner finally. Looking now at daily, i am filtering the h4 signal this morning on monday open. Daily is at a level now. Only 2r available on this signal to the highs. I will filter and wait for another setup. this is fine. I don't need to take them all, and if it smashes through the highs, that is also fine. I do not need to trade every single day now. i am learning less is more. NAS H4 FILTERED DUE TO DIALY LEVELS.png
 i see this as the daily levels. it was a good target for the previous trade but not seeing it as so good for an entry on this zone

Hi Tom

Glad to see you took the same trade as well. I was on the H1, but I see these as 2DP on the H1, went to H4 to confirm signal and it was a nice setup. Easy 5R a few hours later. No work needed. 

cheers

https://www.screencast.com/t/PfWXilsqV
What is the Secret of Successful Trading?
The Consistent Pursuit of DS1 :nerd

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

My Deathbed Advice "5:1 Reward to Risk Ratio".

tombacon89

BATCH 1 TRADE 11 AJ BE not the best entry.png
 BATCH 1 TRADE 11 - AJ - not the best entry because arguably the pull back is equal to the impulse move. So, could have filtered based on 'impulsive pullback.' I chose to take it, the stuff left was important for me here. I placed the PO just above the levels left, so a larger entry but wanted to see that break first. The 6th candle after the entry was important to me. The highest high of the breakout was not broken.... By that point I was at break even anyway. 

I am adapting to the HTF for sure now. It has been 5/6 weeks, I have only taken 11 trades. I have not once felt stressed. If it takes me a full year to do a batch of 100, then so be it. 

tombacon89

BATCH 1 TRADE 9 - BREAK EVEN RESULT.

Not taking the most recent signal as i do not see the impulse move. So, for me it is filtered.
BATCH 1 TRADE 9 EU BE CLOSE.png