GBP - The British Pound

- Share Trade Ideas and Analysis
- Ask Questions and have discussions.
- Call out trades and share signals

===> You may Create New Topip or Reply to Current Topics <===
Minsk

Re: GBPUSD / GBPPY

Unread post by Minsk »

on GBP-USD  too late, I wasn't fast enough to process it all and get the order in on m15
I did spot it though, so progress

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: GBPUSD Limit Buy above Box

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 08:13
on GBP-USD  too late, I wasn't fast enough to process it all and get the order in on m15

You can still try to get in. I have a limit buy order 
I can see that you are too young in the trading game, you can't see the volatility and momentum. I will not be dropping to m5 or m15 for today's market. Its not as volatile. Stick to the Banana signals and incorporate the limit orders. Limit orders do the SAME thing as the m15 or m5 entries 

Meanwhile EU also had a TC and box break. lovely setup. did not catch it 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What is the Secret of Successful Trading?
The Consistent Pursuit of DS1 :nerd

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

My Deathbed Advice "5:1 Reward to Risk Ratio".

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: GBPUSD Limit Buy above Box

Unread post by immy »

immy wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 08:19
Minsk wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 08:13

You can still try to get in. I have a limit buy order 
I can see that you are too young in the trading game, you can't see the volatility and momentum. I will not be dropping to m5 or m15 for today's market. Its not as volatile. Stick to the Banana signals and incorporate the limit orders. Limit orders do the SAME thing as the m15 or m5 entries 

Meanwhile EU also had a TC and box break. lovely setup. did not catch it 

Cancelled

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

20 July 2022 - TR

Unread post by immy »

Post Trend TR, with a triple top. Nothing to do for now 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

H1/M5 on GU but filtered

Unread post by immy »

There is one I won't take... This is the concept of the H1/M5 where you see price moving on the h1 chart. You drop to m5 to get an entry after a trend candle on h1. But here, before I dropped I already see support levels and the important price level of 1.20... hence staying away (I don't trade on m5 anyway) 

ps: well, I'm short already so that's another reason. I am just sharing this for those who would like to trade the H1/M5

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: H1/M5 on GU but filtered

Unread post by immy »

immy wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 07:35
There is one I won't take... This is the concept of the H1/M5 where you see price moving on the h1 chart. You drop to m5 to get an entry after a trend candle on h1. But here, before I dropped I already see support levels and the important price level of 1.20... hence staying away (I don't trade on m5 anyway) 

ps: well, I'm short already so that's another reason. I am just sharing this for those who would like to trade the H1/M5

It worked beautifully... hopefully someone got this 2 legged pullback banana signal. The 2 legged signals work far better in forex 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

THE GBPUSD Seed Signal - SL at 1R

Unread post by immy »

I always go for AT LEAST 5R and I manage my trade accordingly. 

I never ever will give back 5R of profits. No, that's not how trading is done. Trading is all about risk management and managing drawdown. 

If you're 4.9% up and you don't do anything about it, you're a dummy. 

You should either lock in 1-2% of profit by moving your SL or close some part of the position to bank profits. That is called "risk management". 

Giving back profits is also BAD RISK Management. 

SL Move to Entry Level at +2 profit
SL Move to 1R at 3R profits
SL Move to 2R at 4R. 

After that, you make the decision whether you want to allow this trade to run further or wait for 5R to be hit. IF price goes to above 4.5R and then turns around, I will not LET it go past 3R. I will move SL to 3R. 

But there is one rule about this. 
The Decision to Move SL is ONLY made at the CLOSE of the candle and based on the CLOSE of the price, not the spike. 

In the picture below, SL is at 1R because price closed just over 3R. Notice that it almost touched 4R but that is just the spike. And NEVER make a SL move decision mid candle. 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

EXIT at 1R

Unread post by immy »

immy wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 08:14

I never ever will give back 5R of profits. No, that's not how trading is done. Trading is all about risk management and managing drawdown. 

You should either lock in 1-2% of profit by moving your SL or close some part of the position to bank profits. That is called "risk management". 

SL Move to 2R at 4R. 

After that, you make the decision whether you want to allow this trade to run further or wait for 5R to be hit. IF price goes to above 4.5R and then turns around, I will not LET it go past 3R. I will move SL to 3R. 

The Decision to Move SL is ONLY made at the CLOSE of the candle and based on the CLOSE of the price, not the spike. 

In the picture below, SL is at 1R because price closed just over 3R. Notice that it almost touched 4R but that is just the spike. And NEVER make a SL move decision mid candle. 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

I regret not taking this one ... I like thees

Unread post by immy »

There are some late session signals that appear after a clean move throughout the day. 

They work well if you manage your stop loss correctly and also know WHY you're taking this setup ... Because on D1 you see something has happened 

Some levels have been broken, some consolidation some TTR has been broken... or other are some fundamental reasons acting as a catalyst in the market as well... etc etc

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

eaxh

Re: THE GBPUSD Seed Signal - SL at 1R

Unread post by eaxh »

immy wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 08:14

SL Move to 2R at 4R. 

GREAT POST with clear exit rules. I have thought about if i change to 5R targets..But then i think.... WHAT IF it goes to near 5 R and then reverse. I would DIE (just a little) 

SO, great examples there  :D
  :hug

Don't let the fear of losing keep you from winning