- Ask Questions and have discussions.
- Call out trades and share signals

===> You may Create New Topip or Reply to Current Topics <===
immy
Founder
Founder

Re: GBPUSD H1/M5 Looks easy but ...

Unread post by immy »

The moment you decide to switch a time frame and catch CUTER entry... you're playing with fire. 

I think the switching time frame thing works best when you are trading PRICE and price levels and you zoom in to a 5 or 1-minute chart to catch a cuter entry right at the LEVEL above or below it. But with pullbacks... it's a different game

For that reason, its BEST to stick to a TIME FRAME 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What is the Secret of Successful Trading?
The Consistent Pursuit of DS1 :nerd

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

My Deathbed Advice "5:1 Reward to Risk Ratio".

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Unread post by immy »

immy wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 14:44
The moment you decide to switch a time frame and catch CUTER entry... you're playing with fire. 

I think the switching time frame thing works best when you are trading PRICE and price levels and you zoom in to a 5 or 1-minute chart to catch a cuter entry right at the LEVEL above or below it. But with pullbacks... it's a different game

I can see that my highly active ADHD brain wants DOPAMINE hits... I want them trades, I want the adrenaline /epinephrine 
I have caught myself today, doing this. I have been busy, trying to find an excuse, to blame something... but in the end, DISCIPLINE has won. There were no great signals for me today and that's the end of it. Take a deep breath, nice and slow in... and then release, 3 times. All is well.  :ar!

Code: Select all

Adrenaline, also known as epinephrine, is a hormone and medication which is involved in regulating visceral functions. Adrenaline is normally produced both by the adrenal glands and by a small number of neurons in the medulla oblongata.

Dopamine is a neuromodulatory molecule that plays several important roles in cells. It is an organic chemical of the catecholamine and phenethylamine families. Dopamine constitutes about 80% of the catecholamine content in the brain. 
Give me my C8H11NO2

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 16:52
immy wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 14:44

I can see that my highly active ADHD brain wants DOPAMINE hits... I want them trades, I want the adrenaline /epinephrine 
I have caught myself today, doing this. I have been busy, trying to find an excuse, to blame something... but in the end, DISCIPLINE has won. There were no great signals for me today and that's the end of it. Take a deep breath, nice and slow in... and then release, 3 times. All is well.  :ar!

Adrenaline, also known as epinephrine, is a hormone and medication which is involved in regulating visceral functions. Adrenaline is normally produced both by the adrenal glands and by a small number of neurons in the medulla oblongata.

Dopamine is a neuromodulatory molecule that plays several important roles in cells. It is an organic chemical of the catecholamine and phenethylamine families. Dopamine constitutes about 80% of the catecholamine content in the brain. 
Give me my C8H11NO2

well done beating your monster today!    :wd

immy
Founder
Founder

The BOX

Unread post by immy »

When I first coded the AIMS box indicator I called it the AIMS Levels. I considered these swing highs and lows as LEVELS that I need to watch. There used to be LINES. Then I thought, what if we SHADE the area between lines to make it a NO TRADE Zone. And the Box Was born. 
2022-07-13_08-49-37.png

The levels of the BOX are calculated using the highs and lows of the PRICE. There is no lagging information here. It is THE price levels that matter the most to any trader.  Here on GU it was quite obvious that price was at a pivot zone with several box highs and lows. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: GBPUSD H1/M5 3R winner today

Unread post by immy »

Today the GU broke out nicely at the London Open and all I had to do was drop to M5 to find an  entry. 

OPTION 2 

The reason I will go for only 3R on this is that I can see that I'#m not in the beginning of the Trend on the hourly chart. It's probably going to turn around here 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 09:13
Today the GU broke out nicely at the London Open and all I had to do was drop to M5 to find an  entry. 

OPTION 2 

The reason I will go for only 3R on this is that I can see that I'#m not in the beginning of the Trend on the hourly chart. It's probably going to turn around here 

NIce Trade Immy!
I was too late to catch it. My brain is not yet programmed to look directly at m15 or m5 yet, by the time I thought of it, I was too late.
Next. But this was a nice one

immy
Founder
Founder

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 09:41
immy wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 09:13

OPTION 2 

NIce Trade Immy!
I was too late to catch it. My brain is not yet programmed to look directly at m15 or m5 yet, by the time I thought of it, I was too late.
Next. But this was a nice one

Yes, I get it. It takes a little time. Don't worry. 

Here is what you need to do. 

Look for A TC: That is why I have the Hourly Matrix Chart printed and sitting on my desk. I check every candle and mark relevant symbols on my chart. There is something special, and different in doing it with pen and paper. It sticks in my brain more than digital. 

I know that I had marked the previous candle as TC

And what makes me extremely keen to trade is when price is OUT OF THE BOX on H1. And it was OUT of the box.  :callme

ps: when I don't have the box, or during the time I didno the ave the box on my char,t keep in mind, that I ALWAYS think of the market in terms of these swing highs and lows (the BOX). I can see the box without even the box on the chart. 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

OMG look what they did to me

Unread post by immy »

Man, I was so excited about this setup...

It was wicked... 

Tight Box Range

It breaks out with TC. AFter TC I set Limit buy order 2 pips above box 

Look at the price, almost No drawdown and its up 2R now... OMG  :hmm

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Re: OMG look what they did to me

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 10:11

It was wicked... 

Tight Box Range

that's sad you didn't get that one.

Look at what a difference there is on another broker, no box in my chart where I see one in your chart.
Should have given a box imho, hmm maybe not, just missed it being a new box

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: OMG look what they did to me

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 10:28
immy wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 10:11

It was wicked... 

Tight Box Range

that's sad you didn't get that one.

Look at what a difference there is on another broker, no box in my chart where I see one in your chart.
Should have given a box imho, hmm maybe not, just missed it being a new box

My picture was from GBP/JPY  :nerd

There was entry available on Gbp/usd as well, it did not trigger because my PO was 2 pips above Box and it came 3 pips near it but not 2 pips. 

PS: never be bothered by slight differences of quoted prices. The MARKET of FOREX is not structured by a STOCK Exchange. It's on OPEN market created BY BANKS and they give quotes to the brokers. The brokers combine quotes from several different of their liquidity providers (such as banks) and give us an average quote. So descrepenscies happen. It's just like going to the shops and one shop sells a T shirt for 10 pound the other for 8 pound same stuff  

Yo, banana boy! 🍌