- Ask Questions and have discussions.
- Call out trades and share signals

===> You may Create New Topip or Reply to Current Topics <===
immy
Founder
Founder

Re: USDJPY Did I miss this one?

Unread post by immy »

So I just realised that  I could have been LONG on the USD/JPY but the risk was CPI news. I know I would not have taken it anyway. But did I miss this one? 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What is the Secret of Successful Trading?
The Consistent Pursuit of DS1 :nerd

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

My Deathbed Advice "5:1 Reward to Risk Ratio".

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Re: USDJPY Did I miss this one?

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 14:05
So I just realised that  I could have been LONG on the USD/JPY but the risk was CPI news. I know I would not have taken it anyway. But did I miss this one? 

I'd say no you didn't miss this one.
If you decided to stay out because of CPI news, that is very valid reason not to trade this pair.
It's all hindsight, yes it went up, but if CPI news was different who knows what your trade would have done?

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: USDJPY 16.00 TP signal

Unread post by immy »

It's a Waltz but it has 3 bad points. But I don't want to miss it either. So I'll give it a 6 out of 10 ratings and take it with half risk. 

Reason for Taking and Reducing Risk to 0.5% 

1. Signal is a bit bigger than 1ATR which is 21 signal is 27 hence Half Risk Entry
2. Level to the left is AtH another reason to go half risk 
3. Swing started YD, its 120 pips old. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: USDJPY 16.00 TP signal

Unread post by immy »

immy wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 15:03
It's a Waltz but it has 3 bad points. But I don't want to miss it either. So I'll give it a 6 out of 10 ratings and take it with half risk. 

Reason for Taking and Reducing Risk to 0.5% 

1. Signal is a bit bigger than 1ATR which is 21 signal is 27 hence Half Risk Entry
2. Level to the left is AtH another reason to go half risk 
3. Swing started YD, its 120 pips old. 

Trade 3 done and dusted. On the path to Consistency. DS1 DS1 DS1, a winning trade with a negative balance. 

https://www.screencast.com/t/pnNOyjXo77

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Re: USDJPY

Unread post by Minsk »

That nice seed at 06:00 om H1 came too early, that's way before the time I'm at my laptop.
I did  look for a nice entry on m15 or on m5, I was at  the laptop at 08:00. I didn't take it.
Did I miss out?
Yes and no. This strategy is not in my trading plan. SO that's why it's no. But besides that I do feel I missed out as I could have taken the signal on m15, that would have caused DS0.
The red vertical is the moment on H1 I was at my laptop. I could have gone to m15 and take the yellow highlighted signal. 

immy
Founder
Founder

The H1/M5 or H1/M15 or H1/M30

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 10:23
That nice seed at 06:00 om H1 came too early, that's way before the time I'm at my laptop.
I did  look for a nice entry on m15 or on m5, I was at  the laptop at 08:00. I didn't take it.
Did I miss out?
Yes and no. This strategy is not in my trading plan. SO that's why it's no. But besides that I do feel I missed out as I could have taken the signal on m15, that would have caused DS0.
The red vertical is the moment on H1 I was at my laptop. I could have gone to m15 and take the yellow highlighted signal. 

I gave this a second thought and I have been contemplating over this for the last couple of weeks. 

When we are on the screen and available. and when we SEEEEE clearly that this market is Going in THIS direction... all we need is an entry... and suppose the H1 is clearly moving, but not giving an entry signal... I think it makes PERFECT Sense to SPLIT the candles. Drop to the m30 chart, see if you find a signal... If not drop to the m15 time frame ... all the way to M5. OR you may drop straight to m15 or m5. 

I think it makes perfect sense. 

Emma had to trade a little more than usual to get to her 8% target within Evaluation Phase 1, so we added H1/M5 for her and those 3 or 4 trades that she took helped her get to the target faster. 

So, the idea is to ONLY  use the lower time frame for ENTRY. This way you get in with a BIG Lot size due to a small tight Stop Loss. The risk of getting stopped out is higher with tighter stop losses but the risk to reward can be INSANE sometimes. Think about 1:10 to 1:20 trades within a day.  :o

2022-07-15_17-51-02.png

2022-07-15_17-51-14.png

and a good strong and big lot size. As soon as the entry is done, in line with H1, then pursue the H1 trend. or you may go for the 5R target. IF the target is 5R it then DOES not matter if the entry was H1 or M5. IT's the PRICE that dictates... 

I'm still thinking and contemplating. I will do some more analysis and thinking over the weekend and decide, by Monday, if I will be bringing back the H/M5 or H1/M15 entry method. WE have a lot of examples this month. LEt me post them below.

Example 1: 

GBP/USD 4th of 5th of July 2022

WE saw a clean breakout but despite my waiting and knowing that it was a clear downtrend and a breakout, I could not get in. But there is a way to get in, if we like. in the screenshot you see ... 
2022-07-15_16-55-18.png
Point 1:  A clear and tight Trading Range, preceded by two positive things. 1. Daily trend is down and clearly down.
2. Impulse 3 black candles before the overnight consolidation. 

Point: 2. After the above analysis All we needed was a break. and it happened. but sadly no signal. Actually, it was a GREAT strong BREAKOUT phase and that means, little chance of bulls taking charge. There was nobody in the whole wide world who wanted to go long. Well, that's not quite right, since there are always buyers but the buyers were never stronger enough even to break the high of the previous bear candle. 

Point 3: Well, we could easily have found a Banana setup on M30 or M15 or M5. 

2022-07-15_16-59-54.png

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Re: The H1/M5 or H1/M15 or H1/M30

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 16:54
Minsk wrote:
Did I miss out?

I gave this a second thought and I have been contemplating over this for the last couple of weeks. 

When we are on the screen and available. and when we SEEEEE clearly that this market is Going in THIS direction... all we need is an entry... and suppose the H1 is clearly moving, but not giving an entry signal... I think it makes PERFECT Sense to splint the cnadles. Drop m30, see if you find a signal... If not drop to m15... all the way to M5. OR you may drop straight to m15 or m5. 

Emma had to trade a little more than usual to get to her 8% target within Evaluation Phase 1, so we added H1/M5 for her and those 3 or 4 trades that she took helped her get to the target faster. 

So, the idea is to ONLy use the lower time frame for ENTRY and a good strong and big lot size. As soon as the entry is done, in line with H1, then pursue the H1 trend. or you may go for the 5R target. IF the target is 5R it then DOES not matter if the entry was H1 or M5. IT's the PRICE that dictates... 

I'm still thinking and contemplating. I will do some more analysis and thinking over the weekend and decide, by Monday, if I will be bringing back the H/M5 or H1/M15 entry method. WE have a lot of examples this month. LEt me post them below.

I think we can do it, just for the entry. Then manage it on H1.
Get in on m15 or m2 or m30, and straight back to H1 and stay there.
Key here is Discipline. Don't dwindle on m15 etc. Back to H1.

But curious about all your exemples, I know I have some that I posted about.

immy
Founder
Founder

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 17:03
immy wrote:
Minsk wrote:
Did I miss out?

When we are on the screen and available. and when we SEEEEE clearly that this market is Going in THIS direction... all we need is an entry... and suppose the H1 is clearly moving, but not giving an entry signal... I think it makes PERFECT Sense to splint the cnadles. Drop m30, see if you find a signal... If not drop to m15... all the way to M5. OR you may drop straight to m15 or m5. 

So, the idea is to ONLy use the lower time frame for ENTRY and a good strong and big lot size. As soon as the entry is done, in line with H1, then pursue the H1 trend. or you may go for the 5R target. IF the target is 5R it then DOES not matter if the entry was H1 or M5. IT's the PRICE that dictates... 

The Concept is simple... its the TC and Micro Pullback 

I can even use the H1 chart to make the entry... 

First, you identify a Trend Candle, (assuming you know that everything else is clear. the Price has broken out of a TIGHT box) 
TC.png
 You wait for the price to pull down below the CLOSE of the TC. 

As it goes down, it creates a BEAR candle. We don't want to see it go more than Half of the TC. Should not go below mid-point. 
Pullback after TC.png
 Once it does that, we see it start to resume in the direction of the trend. as it reaches the Open of the current candle under play, which may also be the Close of the previous Trend Candle, we have the chance to get in. The reason we get in here is that now we KNOW where we will get OUT. That is because we have the WICK created. IF the next candle will be a TREND candle, we are in for a GREAT lovely treat. 
Price Begins to Go BAck up.png

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 18:05
Minsk wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 17:03
immy wrote:
Minsk wrote:
Did I miss out?

The Concept is simple... its the TC and Micro Pullback 

I can even use the H1 chart to make the entry... 

First, you identify a Trend Candle, (assuming you know that everything else is clear. the Price has broken out of a TIGHT box) TC.png
 You wait for the price to pull down below the CLOSE of the TC. 

As it goes down, it creates a BEAR candle. We don't want to see it go more than Half of the TC. Should not go below mid-point. Pullback after TC.png
 Once it does that, we see it start to resume in the direction of the trend. as it reaches the Open of the current candle under play, which may also be the Close of the previous Trend Candle, we have the chance to get in. The reason we get in here is that now we KNOW where we will get OUT. That is because we have the WICK created. IF the next candle will be a TREND candle, we are in for a GREAT lovely treat. Price Begins to Go BAck up.png

thank you Immy,
I will try to spot them starting next week, if neccessary if there is no entry on H1. 
If in doubt I wont take it, but will post it for evaluation

Minsk

Re: USDJPY

Unread post by Minsk »

19-7:  filtered the 10:00 signal #1 , it's 30.5 pips