immy
Founder
Founder

Re: Discussions and Chat

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 18:49
I have read your posts.
I can't say anything about m1 and 5 only that's it's too fast for my liking.
I like H1, and I am contemplating doing a D1 next to H1 when I start a new batch.
You can do everything/anything all day, just half an hour of trading at candle close, you can look at way more charts if you like, be choosy about which one sets up nicer.
H4 is a bit more of a hassle as I don't always be awake at candle close, and trades will stille be running. Same is for H1 but these usually have closed before bedtime.
I am a firm advocate of the bigger timeframes, profits are made easier probably on those

Not the point of my posts but anyway thanks. 

I was not necessarily building a case for or against a time frame. I was trying to emphasise the importance of THE EDGE. That it's two faceted.

One person's edge on m1 might be higher than the other person's edge on h1. Because although M1 requires higher performance the trader might actually thrive better in such conditions and perform at their highest. (e.g. Emma or myself)

Meanwhile, there are other traders who have a superior EDGE for their time frame based on their trading strategy that does not require the trader's performance as the main ingredient to be profitable. 

One trader might have a fully automated algorithm (trader's performance factor =0) or they have a semi-automatic algorithm (ours) and requires 25% of the trader's performance as a success factor. etc etc. 

cheers

What is the Secret of Successful Trading?
The Consistent Pursuit of DS1 :nerd

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

My Deathbed Advice "5:1 Reward to Risk Ratio".

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

I will always be looking for BOTH type of Pullbacks

Unread post by immy »

The Simple (single-legged or Pause) Pullback 

or 

The Complex (2-legged pullback - no seeds) Pullback 

I just wanted to clarify... 

below is the GU chart of today... on m30 we saw a Clear 1-legged pause/pullback signal 

while on M15, we saw a 2 legged pullback 

(both time frames are not for me but just showing examples) 

The H1 is a nice and clean breakout ... 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

fxsam

Unread post by fxsam »

I noticed this yesterday. would have taken m15 if my EU would not have been running at the same time. Thanks for sharing this.

immy
Founder
Founder

Unread post by immy »

fxsam wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 00:48
I noticed this yesterday. would have taken m15 if my EU would not have been running at the same time. Thanks for sharing this.

No, you would NOT have because it is NOT part of your trading plan. 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Is this a Good Signal?

Unread post by immy »

What do you think? 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

eaxh

Re: Is this a Good Signal?

Unread post by eaxh »

immy wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 12:10
What do you think? 
In my plan that signal does not qualify as a good signal. Not because of the look of it ( I like the look of it)  but as it is waay to late. 
Could be taken if the first ones were taken and i was in profit already. 
Don't let the fear of losing keep you from winning

Minsk

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
What do you think? 
not yet a good signal, potentailly it might be. I would like to see it break/retest the box level that will be there.

fxsam

Unread post by fxsam »

immy wrote:
What do you think? 
It was good signal. Though it was late in that trend, if you zoom out and check daily it was second trend bar. when daily shows strong trend bar on second day those late entries on h1 works perfectly. i would go with half risk since it is 4th signal in the wave.

immy
Founder
Founder

What about this one...

Unread post by immy »

immy wrote:
What do you think? 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

Great Move, Clear Trend but...

Unread post by immy »

We have see a  beautiful 3 day move on the EUR/USD that started last week.

It was pretty damn obvious it was going down and down and down.

but sometimes, we just don't get a good entry spot.

As Frustrating as it may be, it is what it is. We only trade THE SETUP
2022-08-23_16-26-52.png

Check that Daily setup, it was smashing. Well done Vicky. That is the way to do it. Believe you me, if you stick to these setups, you will consistently make money. Once the "money mill" starts grinding, you don't have to get a new mill. All you need is More Gain to Grind.... Just keep grinding... 

Yo, banana boy! 🍌