Discussions and Chat

- Share Trade Ideas and Analysis
- Ask Questions and have discussions.
- Call out trades and share signals

===> You may Create New Topip or Reply to Current Topics <===

CLOSED THIS SECTION - DISCORD

Unread post by Moderator »

This section was a replacement of discord but due to popular demand Since Discord is back online, we have decided to close this section. 

Re-Openned

Unread post by Moderator »

Will be creating topic for every date. Everyone is welcome to add, reply, post, create topics.

immy
Founder
Founder

my Template

Unread post by immy »

I'm back to my standard template. I think I was bored. There is nothing wrong with my process. All good. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What is the Secret of Successful Trading?
The Consistent Pursuit of DS1 :nerd

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

My Deathbed Advice "5:1 Reward to Risk Ratio".

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

Minsk

Re: my Template

Unread post by Minsk »

immy wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 13:25
I'm back to my standard template. I think I was bored. There is nothing wrong with my process. All good. 

that's what H1 does  :lol

immy
Founder
Founder

Re: my Template

Unread post by immy »

Minsk wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 20:06
immy wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 13:25

that's what H1 does  :lol

Exactly... but ... 

The thing is .... I want to sometimes go long at the end of a prolonged bear move... And i know how to do it. But with the 50ema, I can't . I've trained my brain to follow everything that I hvae on the chart. Nothing is there without a reason and a specific and relevant rule. So if 50ema is there, that means, I won't ignore it. 

But then I thought, although I'll miss some trades, the performance stats show that it does not affect profitability too much. So lets just continue with what I'm used to. 

cheers

The thing that makes me money in trading is when I "Objectively Follow my Trading Plan".

I understand that I can't catch all the moves or all the signals but my objective is to catch THE VALID SIGNALS & ONLY the Valid Signals.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

An Entire Week of No Signals

Unread post by immy »

Sometimes, the market is dead, other times, its choppy and wild.

Some times it does not move nicely but there are signals and setups that often result in rents,

otherwise, it moves smoothly and gives nice profitable signals, yet there are times when it moves and still there are no signals.

As traders it is our job to stick to our trading plan. Unless you are a subjectively discretionary trader who trades their ideas and frame of mind, you can't just take trades here and there unless the setup appears.

That is because if you take every signal or trade without an organised and planned manner, chances are you will not be profitable for a long time.

It is our job to stick to our plan and one part of the plan is to trade only when you see your signal setup. We had one, the 2LPB on UJ, apart from that there was nothing. What a boring week.

Yo, banana boy! 🍌

immy
Founder
Founder

4 Markets to Trade

Unread post by immy »

You might have noticed that I only include 4 markets when i update the Banana Performance Spreadsheet. It is for a reason.

It is based on the idea that I only trade the Europe session. One has to have a life. By eliminating the US indices you eliminate a big factor and it brings peace of mind.

From today, I have decided to stick to 4 markets because it gets too late for me trying to check the US markets. When i get back to the UK next year, I probably will rethink it but i doubt it.

Despite the fact that nas is my biggest winner within indices I also know that 4 markets have produced 336 R's so far....

thought i'll update you all

cheers

Yo, banana boy! 🍌